Where is this data stored and how is it secured?
Data is stored in AWS in US data centers. As such, Vocus.io inherits the control environment which AWS maintains and demonstrates via SSAE16 SOC 1, 2 and 3, ISO 27001 and FedRAMP/FISMA reports and certifications.
We follow best practices in SaaS data security including SSL encryption, logging, and two-factor authentication.
We monitor our systems 24/7/365 with a variety of performance measurement and error-checking tools. When problems are detected, our ops team is notified immediately, and the issues are investigated.
How do you manage availability and recoverability?
We have redundancy designed around all major components of our infrastructure (servers, database) spread across multiple availability zones. Automated backups are created on daily basis.
Salesforce Security Review
Vocus.io successfully passes the Salesforce AppExchange security review and is listed accordingly (link).
Reporting Security Issues
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 3 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- If the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise)