By using our services, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions detailed below. If you do not agree or understand any of these terms, you should immediately stop using our services and inform us via email (email@example.com) to disable your accounts.
Effective date: February 1st, 2016.
Following is a contract between you (the "User", "You") and Vocus.io Inc (the "Service Provider", "We").
Services & Agreement
Vocus.io (the "Services") is a productivity tool that involves sending of emails,
setting up reminders, scheduling campaigns, and collecting and reporting information.
The Terms of Service (the "Terms", defined in https://vocus.io/terms) govern your use of our Services. Your right to access and use the Services is contingent upon your access and use of the Services in accordance with these Terms.
Vocus.io may make changes to the Terms from time to time. You may reject the changes by terminating Your account. You understand and agree that if You use the Service after the date on which the Terms have changed, We will treat Your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
We take your privacy very seriously. The Service Provider will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to protect and prevent unauthorized access to any information collected from its users. We neither rent nor sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone.
Service Usage Restrictions
- You may integrate several Gmail inboxes under a single Vocus.io profile as long as they are owned by the same User. You must not impersonate different identities when using the Services unless otherwise agreed to in writing. See this page for more details.
- You may not use the Services in a way that violates any law or regulation. This includes any use that is considered harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- You may not decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
- You may not use the Services in a way that generates unacceptable number of email bounces, unacceptable number of spam or UCE complaints (even if the messages themselves are not actually spam or UCE), or in a way that generates unreasonable load on our infrastructure.
Fees for Use of the Service
- The Service may be provided to You without charge up with certain limits or for a certain "trial" period of time.
- Usage over this limit (or after the "trial" period) or requires Your purchase of additional resources or services.
- For all purchased resources and services, we will charge Your credit card on a monthly basis.
- Payments are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- Charges are solely based on Vocus.io's measurements of Your use of the Service, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and You shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and related billing and payment information that You provide to Vocus.io Inc may be shared by Vocus.io with companies who work on Vocus.io's behalf, such as payment processors and/or credit agencies, solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to Vocus.io and servicing Your account.
Cancellation & Termination
- You must cancel Your account by first (1) Unsubscribing, and then (2) Uninstalling. You understand that solely uninstalling, disabling, or by forgoing the use of the Services will not be considered a cancellation of your subscription.
- You may Unsubscribe through the same workflow You followed to create your subscription: Dashboard > Billing > Unsubscribe.
- You will not receive any refunds if You cancel Your account.
- If You cancel the Service before the end of Your current paid up month, Your cancellation will take effect immediately and You will not be charged again.
- You agree that Vocus.io, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate or suspend Your account. You agree that any termination of Your access to the Service may be without prior notice, and You agree that Vocus.io will not be liable to You or any third party for such termination.
Service Provider disclaims to the fullest extent authorized by law any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation. Service Provider expressly does not warrant that: (a) the software will meet your requirements or expectations; (b) the software or the software content will be free of bugs, errors, or other defects; (c) any results, output, or data provided through or generated by the software will be accurate, up-to-date, complete or reliable; (d) the software will be compatible with third party software; (e) any errors in the software will be corrected.
The User, at its expense, shall indemnify, defend and hold the Service Provider and affiliates harmless from and against any and all liability, damages, injuries, losses, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to User’s use of the Service, including but not limited to liability, damages, injuries, losses, costs and expenses arising from any claims relating to User’s breach of any representations, warranties, or covenants in this agreement.
Liability for our Services
When permitted by law, the Service Provider will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages. To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of Service Provider for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount you paid us to use the Services in the thirty (30) days prior to the accrual of the applicable claim. In all cases, the Service Provider will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
First make sure you have cancelled any active subscription by following
instructions in the Billing screen (accessible from Dashboard > Billing > Unsubscribe).
Failure to cancel your subscription will result in monthly recurring charges.
To remove Vocus.io from your Chrome browser, navigate to chrome://extensions (copy and paste the link) and remove the extension from there.
Contact and Questions
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or questions about your account, don't hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.